Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weight Loss Goals

WARNING: This post is more for my own records so if you don't really want to read all about me, my body, and my goals for weight loss than skip this post.

First off I have to say that I feel great! If i'm being completely honest, I thought I was going to have the hardest time with self esteem issues after having Denali but so far so good. Yes I have bright red stretch marks starting from my belly button all the way down to my knees. Yes I have super giggly and wiggly skin on my belly. Yes I'll have to wear an old lady skirt in when wearing a swim suit. Do I care though? NO! It was so worth it, Denali is so worth all of it. But of course I would like to fit into my clothes again sometime so here we go with a goal post.

It's been almost 2 weeks since I've delivered so I thought I could start tracking and setting some weight loss goals for myself. I'm going to start off easy, especially since I'm still technically healing. I plan to walk for 15-30 minutes 3 times a week and possibly do some TRX/Strength Training for 15 minutes on 2 of those days. (yes I have technically gotten an okay from a doctor..well midwife...okay my mom, for these activities). No ab specific exercises yet and I'll be making sure I'm paying attention and listening to by body.

I tried to go back a year in my blog archive where I though I had listed my measurements. I wanted to see how far I am from before getting pregnant but I guess I never actually wrote that post, just thought about it maybe.

Here is where I am at...

Weight- 142.5 lbs (I was 165 lbs the day I delivered)

Body Fat %  25.7
BMI 26

Measurements in inches (right side of body)
Bicep- 11.5
Chest- 37
Waist- 35.5
Hips- 40
Thigh- 23
Calf- 13.5

Waist to Hip Ratio 
0.889
(Anything higher than an 8 means you have a high chance of cancer, heart problems, diabetes, etc. This is because of the amount of fat around your organs. Just if you were wondering) 

Where I would like to be...

Weight- 120-125 lbs

Body Fat %- 18 (okay so this is probably not going to happen but what the hey!)
BMI- Don't care

Measurements
As long as my clothes fit nicely I don't really care about this either.

I thought I would give myself 9 months or so to reach these goals since it took nine months to put the weight on. The numbers truly don't matter though, as long as I feel in shape and don't have to throw out my entire wardrobe, I will be perfectly happy.

2 comments:

  1. It took me 9 months to get back to my pregnancy size and actually lost a few extra pounds. You can totally do it. I think it's almost easier to find time to work out. I just went walking/running with Bryson and when they are young they can't complain about being in the stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a healthy attitude. You can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete