Wednesday, May 30, 2012

First Hello

While we were in the hospital Andrew's family came from Orem (an hour and 20 minute drive) to meet Denali
Our room was so nice! It was like staying at a hotel rather than a  hospital.




Todd, Kathleen, Rachel, Danae, Matt, Andrew, and Denali
 Since the hospital things have been going pretty well. It of course has it's ups and downs, like when Jordan and Kell came to visit on our first night back and I just cried the entire time. The most exhausting part for me is all the worrying I do these days. It seems like one thing comes up after another like her jaundice, latching on properly, ouchy lady parts from not latching on properly, thinking I have Thrush, wondering if Denali has a yeast infection, trying to keep Denali awake long enough to eat, 3 trips to the pediatrician in one week, worrying that she's not eating enough, her little girly parts adhering together... I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture. I'm working on not worrying about things I can't control and just taking a step back and trying to relax a bit.
Of course with all the worrying there is also a lot of laughing, joy (lots and lots of joy), smiles, tender moments, and funny moments that make all the hard stuff a lot easier to get through.

Denali now weighs 6 lbs 7 ounces and is 19 inches long.

Mommy now weighs 23 lbs less than her ending pregnancy weight and feels amazing! I went on 2 mile walk yesterday that took me 25 minutes. I was SOOOOOO beat after, it's not even funny. Here marks the start of a long road back. :)


First bath time. I know she doesn't look super happy in this picture but she really did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment