Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our little gal has given me a couple scares this week. Monday night I started having contractions and around 3 am they where getting really intense and about 4 minutes apart. I finally got Andrew up and told him we'd probably have to call my doctor and go to the hospital in a bit if they continued that way. The next contraction after I woke him was 7 minutes apart and the next was 10 and then they disappeared all together so I just shrugged and went back to sleep. That morning I had a scheduled doctors appointment where she did my group B strep test and decided to check my cervix after what I had told her about the contractions. She informed me that i'm dilated to a 1 so she sent me to L and D just to make sure I wasn't progressing (I was still having contractions every so often). 3 hours later everything looked good and they sent me home with a couple canisters and a bed pan type thing to pee in for a 24 hour urine test because of my high blood pressure. The scariest part of the day was that my Doctor told me that she doesn't like to go past 37 weeks if the patient has high blood pressure. She told me that if my tests came back clear then we could talk about trying to go to 39 weeks.
This is not at all how I pictured my pregnancy but I guess it's in my genes to have high blood pressure during the first pregnancy. I'll do what ever I need to to make sure Denali is safe and healthy and I trust my mom and my doctor and know they will make the right decision.
Today I woke up around 8 and had some breakfast and went back to lay down to do some kick counts since I hadn't been woken up by her kicks all night. I fell back asleep before I felt her kick and woke back up around 10. After eating breakfast, drinking lots of water, singing and talking to Denali, and poking and prodding her I still hadn't felt her after 50 minutes so I went into the doctors office. Of course I was crying off and on, especially when someone would make me talk. I was really really nervous because by this time it had been almost two hours since I've felt her kick and keep in mind that Nal kicks ALL THE TIME. I can usually get all ten kicks in 15 minutes.
They hooked me up to the monitors and I laid back on the table. With in the first two seconds she got hiccups and didn't stop moving the entire time I was on the monitor. That little stinker! All well, it's better safe than sorry.

I'm so looking forward to holding her for the first time and getting to know my little girl.

1 comment: