Friday, May 4, 2012

Sidewalk Chalk and Oreos

Andrew and I went to his parents ward for church a couple weeks ago. In sacrament meeting there was a really great speaker whose example story of listening to the spirit and following it's promptings will probably always stay with me. I'd like to share.

The speaker, we'll call her Sally since I didn't catch her name, was a mom of 2 with one on the way. I guess she was having  a really hard day and was particularly frustrated because she couldn't find a baby sitter for that Saturdays Adult Session of Stake Conference.
Feeling exhausted, with the kids whining about wanting side walk chalk, and craving some Oreos she said to God "if I could have some sidewalk chalk and some Oreos right now I would be able to make it through this weekend".
About 20 minutes later her Husbands cousin shows up at the house. She said she just thought she would stop by and visit and see if she could help with anything. The best part about this story is that the cousin also had with her side walkchalk and yes, a box of Oreos. She as well, with out even knowing about the adult session, volunteered to baby sit her kids anytime for her and her husband.

Sally had some pretty specific terms for her to be able to make it through the weekend and her cousin listened to the spirits promptings exactly. How else would she have known to bring sidewalk chalk and Oreos. She didn't bring a game for the kids and a piece of pie, she brought SIDEWALK CHALK AND OREOS! How awesome is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment