I told Andrew a few months ago that he had 5 months to get everything out of his system because I knew that having a newborn baby coming into our lives right at the beginning of summer was going to be hard on him, and me too! So he bought a 3 month climbing pass to the gym that he uses at least 3 times a week, and planned as many camping trips as possible. Although I did tell him that I would not be participating in anything that made me dig a snow cave and freeze my big pregnant booty off! Anyway, that was a long intro to why we went to....drum roll please....
GOBLIN VALLEY!!
We left Friday night after Andrew and Ryan got off work, Ryan and Ashley invited themselves along. Just kidding! We really did invite them, and even if they had invited themselves, they are always welcome to hang with us anytime.
The morning of. Andrew kept saying that Indy was as excited as a boy on Christmas Eve but I know which little boy that was and it sure wasn't Indy.
Excited to be almost to the freeway! Uh where are you looking Andrew?
Finally! On the freeway! What good looking Boys I have.
Indy, calm and...comfortable?
The rest is pretty straight forward. JCW's, driving, stopping to pee, driving, listening to Ryan on the walkie talkie every 5 minutes or so, driving, and finally arriving to our "camp site". Ashley and Ryan stayed at a hotel in Hanksville for Malcom's sake and Andrew and I found a nice place to wild camp since it costs $19 per night to stay in the actual campground at Goblin Valley.
The set up that I had planned: Tent door-me-andrew-tent wall and Indy in a ball at our feet. The set up that really happened: Tent door-me-Indy-Andrew-tent wall. This was Indy's first camping trip with us so he had a hard time understanding why he was getting shoved into a tent and locked in but he eventually calmed down and went to sleep. Even though it got down to 20 degrees that night we all slept warm. I was in long johns, fleece pants and jacket, a warm hat, and my mummy bag which was inside another sleeping bag, on top of a blanket, on top of my sleeping pad. Very cozy until 3 and 6 am when I had to get out of all that to pee.
Don't ask me why my fonts are all messed up. I'd have to say Blogspot isn't the most user friendly.
ReplyDelete