Saturday, February 11, 2012

This week has been fairly eventful.

Wednesday Andrew got to come with me to my ultrasound, his first time seeing our little girl. She has a good heart, good cord, good kidneys, good brain, and a good spine. It's an amazing blessing how well she has developed. Andrew said his favorite part was to watch her move. At one point we were looking at her profile and we could see her little tiny lips move.

Thursday I got sick, really sick, but for some strange reason I always feel like the quickest way to get over something is to go to the gym and just work out for a little bit to boost my immune system or something.
I was in the weight room with four guys one of which had to be no older than 15, dark skin, and he was wearing skinny jeans with converse. I noticed him because I wanted to tell him to go get some real clothes on. I was just finishing up a set when I heard keys fall and watched as the black kid left the room. I had a feeling I should go look at my stuff (a jacket, car keys, a phone, any my itouch) because something sounded familiar when the keys fell. Sure enough my itouch was gone so I walked straight over to the Basketball courts where I saw the kid go, found him, and told him to give me my itouch back. He looked terribly guilty as I walked up to him and he knew exactly why I was there and just handed it to me. I lectured him for about 5 minutes but said I wouldn't call the cops and I walked back into the weight room.
After a set of what ever I was doing I decided that I would at least tell the front desk so they could kick him out since he doesn't deserve to be there stealing peoples things. They had me find the kid who by then was trying to sneak away. After another long lecture we ended up calling the cops who took him home to have a chat with his parents.
I just thought it might be better for him to learn his lesson now, if possible, so it wouldn't be something more serious in the future. He begged and begged me to make them stop because "his mom has already had to deal with the cops because of him" which of course only made me want him to get caught more.
It made me sad that an eighth grader would do something like that. I hope that he really does learn his lesson and that he'll grow up to be a better man than that.

Thursday night Andrew and I went to Costco for his Valentines day present, a cooler that keeps ice for 6 days. Afterwards, as we were leaving the parking lot, someone back ended us. It definitely wasn't anything terrible and I didn't think much of it till about an hour after when Andrew's back was killing him, my neck killed, and I started having pains in my stomach. I called my own personal midwife, my mom, and asked her opinion. She said that when ever a patient gets into an accident they send them to L&D just to monitor the baby.
Andrew and I decided to go to L&D where they turned me away, because I'm only 22 weeks and 4 days not 23 weeks, and told me to go to the ER. We decided to hold off on going because the copay is much more expensive for the ER but after another hour or so the pains were persistent and it was back off to the hospital.
All I wanted them to do was check my baby's heart rate and maybe my blood but they don't take that stuff lightly. I had my blood taken, was given fluids and drugs, peed in a cup, got x rays of my neck, and an ultrasound. $250 later, the baby was fine and the only thing wrong with me was slightly irregular labs on my liver.
We finally left at 2:30 am and dragged ourselves into bed.

This weekend we're house sitting for my parents while they are in Disneyland. We went to bed at 10 but since both of us are sick and crazy congested we didn't fall asleep till 2. Well, that and the dog fights, dog farts, and loud breathing keeping us up.

Today after TRX Andrew dragged me to the climbing gym to belay him. I ended up climbing 2 routs with my big belly, which I got pictures of. Although my phone that is 4 years old has finally tossed in the towel and I now have no pictures available to show you.
We're now just planning on laying around all day for lack of energy to do anything else.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. holy crazy week!!

    especially glad to hear you and baby are ok! hope you and andrew feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it rains, it pours! Glad you got after the kid at the gym, it was the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete