Goal #1: I will eat 47 grams of Carbs, 28 grams of Protien, and 6 grams of Fat per meal. This means that if I eat 6 meals a day my calorie intake should equal about 2300 calories a day. Not being pregnant I would shoot for a calorie intake of about 1800 per day to sustain my weight. So since I'm not working out as much as I used to and I want to add about 300 calories to my diet while I'm pregnant I thought it would be a good calorie goal. The grams are to make sure my calories are coming from a good place and it's easier in my mind to count grams per meal instead of calories.
Goal #2: One soda a week. I'm quite embarrassed that I even have to set this goal. While I was in my first trimester one of the only things that made me feel good was Sprite or some kind of carbonated beverage and I've gotten into the habit now of having one when ever I get the chance. I just don't want to get in the habit of consuming that much sugar.
Goal #3: Lift weights or workout on my TRX at least 30 minutes 3 days a week. Of course I'll only be lifting weights at a moderate intensity to make sure I'm not putting myself into any danger.
Goal #4: Cardiovascular activity everyday for 30 minutes. I'm counting walking and cleaning the house as cardiovascular activity.
Goal#5: Gain 1-2lbs per week for the rest of my pregnancy. So far I've gained about 13 lbs and I'm almost 23 weeks. This means that if I gain about 1-2lbs a week for the next 17 weeks I'll have gained anywhere from 30-45 lbs. I'm 'supposed' to again about 25-35 lbs during my pregnancy so I figure it's a good goal.
Goal #6: Never to think the words "I'm fat" or "I'm ugly" for the rest of my pregnancy. As well to not feel disappointed if all my goals are not met perfectly and to embrace the last half of my pregnancy and all that it brings.
I'm not so much worried about the weight I am/will put on but rather, I want to be healthy and to continue making healthy choices so that It's not so hard to hop back into things when I can after the pregnancy. I'm still most definitely going to allow myself to eat a half a bag of liquorice, but maybe only every other day ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment