Friday, February 24, 2012

"Strange things are happening to me"

I kinda feel like Woody in the first Toy Story were he's standing on the bed watching everything that he's know change around him. The song "Strange Things" keeps going through my head, although only the lyrics about everything changing not the part where he's losing all his friends and stuff.

Andrew and I have been praying and thinking A LOT about what path to take now that we're having a pretty baby gall. My ideal plan: Andrew finds a new (high paying) job, we purchase a house close to where ever he is going to work, I'm a stay at home mom who does a bit of training on the side, and we all live happily ever after. This was our plan, and I was convinced that it would work perfectly. Months went by with still no job interviews or houses that we were satisfied with and I started to get really worried. Every time I would pray it's like I felt nothing about finding a house or a job so it was kind of a clue to me I was praying about the wrong thing so I changed my tactic. I decided that I would pray that we would be able to live with our needs met and that I would be able to stay home with my daughter and how ever that could happen I would be okay with it.

After a week of praying REALLY REALLY hard, fasting (we didn't fast for the entire week just 2 meals), and I even kinda made a 'deadline' for the Lord we found our answer. I told him that I needed an answer soon, really soon, like by the end of the week, or I was going to have a panic attack. -side note- I've noticed that many times when I'm specific with my needs the Lord often follows what I request. Things like if I do this then will you do this? and if I fast and pray really hard all week will you have an answer for me by the end of the week? That's kind of interesting if you ask me. -end note-

Our answer came in a very unexpected way. Andrew was at the temple and I was home reading scriptures ( I didn't go to the temple because I can't make it through even half a session with out having to use the bathroom) when my sister in-law Brenna sent me a text. It said that she felt she needed to tell me there was a position available in Roy for the same job they have. For those of you who don't know, Mike and Brenna work on-call for Myers Mortuary in Ogden and are provided free housing for a relatively small amount of responsibilities. The biggest down side to this job is that you are on-call every other weekend and therefor must stay in your house for that entire weekend and are not aloud to leave.

The first thought in my head when I received the text was "please don't let this be the answer to our prayers". Honestly, Andrew and I have had conversations in the past about how we would never be able to do something like that simply because we LOVE our weekends. But with that said, we figured we should at least take it into consideration, so we applied and interviewed for the job. It took them about a week and a half to get back to us which was plenty of time for us to pray and make up our mind that if we received the position, it was 'meant to be' and how could we say no to this generous offer that our Lord had given us.

We have been offered the position and have taken it. Andrew and I will be moving to Roy at the end of the month. I truly feel that the Lord placed this opportunity in our path so no matter how hard it's going to be to sacrifice some of our weekends, to leave my favorite job at the Park Center, for Andrew to commute to his job everyday, and to live so far away from dear family and friends, I will go willingly and with the best attitude possible.

The move is most definitely not all bad! We'll live closer to the Mike Deardens, and the Jordan Deardens, it gives me the opportunity to be a stay at home mom, we'll have room for our new family member, and we'll be able to save A LOT more money than we have been or would have been renting/buying our own home. Andrew has as well been given the opportunity to go back to school sooner than we thought to get his masters.

The house we're moving into has four bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a laundry room. We wont know what to do with ourselves after living in an apartment with less than 700 square feet. We as well get to keep our puppy but fingers crossed he doesn't get hit by a car on the busy busy road that is our front yard :(

So if you're up north let us know and please come visit. We will also have a guest room so if you need a place to stay you're more than welcome.

2 comments:

  1. The Lord really knows how to bless us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Glad things will work out for you! Hopefully you can work the same weekends as M & B so you can visit with each other the other weekends.

    ReplyDelete